Rep. Cuellar Announces Nearly $3 Million Federal Earmark for New Duval County Emergency Operations Center

| Posted in Press Release
Duval EOC

San Diego, TX – Today, U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) announced $2,965,800 for a new Duval County Emergency Operations Center (EOC). The funds will be used to provide Duval County’s fire department, first responders, and emergency services with a new state-of-the-art facility. The EOC will allow all county department heads to work together during a major disaster for proper and…

Rep. Cuellar Announces $2 Million in Federal Funding for New Zapata County Fire Station

| Posted in Press Release
Zapata County Fire Station

Zapata, Texas - U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) announced $2,000,000 in federal funding for Zapata County to construct a new, efficient fire station to replace the current building that was built in the 1980s. The current building has outlived its useful lifecycle and faces plumbing issues, water damage, and other structural damage. The new fire station will support both the Zapata…

Rep. Cuellar Votes for Omnibus and Secures $28,682,064 for 15 Local Projects in TX-28

| Posted in Press Release

Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) voted to pass the FY 2023 Omnibus Appropriations bill and fund the federal government through the next fiscal year. The final funding package also includes $28,682,064 in Community Project Funding for 15 community projects across the 28th Congressional District of Texas. “The FY 2023 Omnibus Appropriations bill…

Rep. Cuellar Releases 2021 FBI Crime Statistics for Texas Border

| Posted in Press Release

  Washington, D.C.— U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) released FBI crime statistics from 2021, demonstrating that border communities are safer than non-border major cities in the United States. “As someone who lives and raises their family on the border, I have found the rhetoric about our southern border offers little resemblance to what is on the ground,” said Congressman…

Rep. Cuellar Announces $2.5 Million for New Rio Grande City Emergency Shelter

| Posted in Press Release
RGC Shelter

Rio Grande City, Texas— U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) held a press conference to announce a $2,509,264 federal earmark to construct the new Rio Grande City Public Safety Building and Emergency Shelter. The grant will cover approximately 35% of the total $7.1 million project. The remaining 65% will be funded by the city. The shelter will consolidate police, fire,…

Rep. Cuellar Announces $7.4 Million to Replace Aging El Metro Bus Fleet

| Posted in Press Release

Laredo, TX—U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) announced that the City of Laredo and Laredo Transit Management Inc. will receive $7,430,385, in addition to the $5 million El metro received in April, from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Low or No Emissions and Bus and Bus Facilities Grant Program. El Metro will use the funds to replace its aging bus fleet with 14…

Congressman Henry Cuellar’s Statement on the Inflation Reduction Act

| Posted in Press Release

“After reviewing this legislation while speaking with my constituents, local elected officials, and community leaders in the 28th District of Texas, I have decided to vote YES on the Inflation Reduction Act. The bottom line is simple, this bill is good for hardworking Texans without adding to the national debt. Specifically, the Inflation Reduction Act: • Invests approximately…

Rep. Cuellar Announces Federal Investment for Binational River Park Project

| Posted in Press Release

Laredo, TX – U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) announced that he secured $2 million in community project funding for the Rio Grande International Study Center (RGISC) and the City of Laredo to restore a segment of the Rio Grande River—Laredo’s only source of drinking water—and address key challenges that threaten water security through invasive species management and…

Rep. Cuellar Announces Nearly $7 Million for South Texas College

| Posted in Press Release
South Texas College

Rio Grande City, TX —Today, U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) announced that South Texas College will receive $6,803,772 from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. This funding allows institutions of higher education to continue to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. More specifically, South Texas College will use the funds for emergency…

Rep. Cuellar Helps Secure Nearly $10 Million for Summer Meal Reimbursements in Starr County

| Posted in Press Release
Starr Summer Meals

Roma, TX—Today, U.S. Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28), announced $9,955,285.46 in federal funding for the reimbursement of summer meals for 3,500 children in Starr County. Last summer, Starr County students received $6,275,522.71 worth of lunches and $3,679,762.75 worth of breakfasts through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and the School Breakfast Program (SBP). These programs…