Skip to Content

Help With a Federal Agency

As a Member of Congress, one of my most important responsibilities is to help constituents interact with the many agencies and offices of the federal government. My staff can provide you with basic information, such as a federal agency's phone number, and help you with governmental procedures such as applying for a passport or visa. In addition, my staff can help with matters involving federal government agencies and programs including but not limited to:

Department of Education State Department - Visas
Internal Revenue Service Department of Labor
Medicare Office of Personnel Management
Passport Service Postal Service
Social Security Administration U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Veterans Affairs/Military

Although we cannot force an agency to expedite your case or act in your favor, we can frequently intervene to facilitate the processes involved, encourage an agency to give your case consideration, and sometimes advocate for a favorable outcome.

There are some things you should know: My office is unable to offer legal advice or recommend an attorney. The rules of the United States House of Representatives do not allow me to intervene in or influence the outcome of cases that are under the jurisdiction of any court. Finally, my office cannot intervene in matters under the jurisdiction of local or state governments. Although I cannot guarantee a particular outcome, my staff and I will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem. 

Regardless of which agency you need help with, I need a completed privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act before my staff can begin work on your behalf. Please click below for a printable version of the privacy authorization form and then fax or mail it to the address listed on the form.