For internships in the district, interested applicants should be highly motivated individuals who possess a desire to learn more about American Government, social work and community services. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting constituents with various federal topics
- Monitoring delivery/pick up of materials delivered to the office
- Assisting with various administrative/legislative duties
- Coordinating with D.C. staff to expedite flag requests
- Assisting with scheduling of White House tours
- Assisting Outreach Coordinator, Grants Coordinator and District Press Secretary as needed
Along with the above duties, my district staff will work with interns to include them in opportunities to attend community events. They will also have the chance to learn about the logistics of congressional event planning and helping promote our office’s mission throughout the district.
For any questions regarding District internships, please contact Kendall Hayes at 210-271-2851 or send my office an e-mail.